Monday, June 25, 2012

Review: Covergirl Lashblast Fusion

I will be reviewing the Covergirl Lashblast Fusion mascara. When it comes to the product itself it's one of those mascara where the brush comes seperated from the tube once you purchase it. This version of the Covergirl Lashblast comes in a purple tube. The wand is in rubber and it is big. The one I purchased is in the color very black and it is not the waterproof version. The smell seriously? Well it smells like a regular mascara.



I have been using this mascara for about a year and a half now (you can get an idea of how the review is going to be now) so let me share my experience with you. But first I should describe to you what kind of lashes I have. They are pretty long and curved that's why I almost never curl my lashes. They are also not super full I guess I would say they are normal when it comes to that point. The Covergirl LashBlast Fusion makes my lashes look so natural. It gives volume but it doesn't lenghtens my lashes. I never noticed the mascara flaking on me or any flakes under my eyes unless I rubbed my eyes but who does that when they are wearing eye makeup o_o. It is not the blackest black now remember my mascara is in very black and I don't really see a difference compared to the black version. It is black but not that much if you know what I mean. When I apply the product it is not too hard even if the brush is pretty big but you might get some product on your lids like I did so many times. On the good side it doesn't make your lashes hard once it's dry. It never clumped on me. It is so nice that whenever I used another mascara for my top lashes I would always use this one for my bottom lashes because it gived the most natural looking volume.

The Brand claims to be
the first to combine volume + lenght and the fiberstrech formula and oversized brush makes every little lash bigger, fuller, longer-looking and more dramatic compared to bare lashes. (source)
The LashBlast Fusion does give volume but it doesn't give any lenght. I can see my tiny lashes getting bigger and fuller but not longer. Now of course it's going to make a difference compared to your bare lashes but is it really dramatic? No, I would say it gives a nice natural look to your lashes while giving a nice volume to them. It only looks dramatic when you put 3 coats or more of the mascara.

 I did make some observations. I never buy waterproof mascara because I don't necessarly see the point. I know some of you like it because it hold your curl better and if you cry you are not going to look like a raccoon. I never had any problem with my version. My natural curl is always on and when it would rain so much that my clothes would be wet to the bone my mascara would stay in place. I also never had to reapply mascara because it would transfer somewhere and I think the fact that the formula is not a wet one really helps.

Bare Lashes

1 coat

 2 coats

3 coats
I feel like it is the exact same mascara as the original lashblast in the orange tube since it doesn't lenghtens my lashes but only gives volume. The formula is the same such as the brush so it basically does the same thing. I don't know if it was a plubicity stunt since the original LashBlast sold so well but it looked like it.

Price: 5 / 5  (Never had to wait until it was on sale before repurchasing it)
Product: 4 / 5 (Didn't lenghtens like it claimed)
Overall: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...