Thursday, February 2, 2017

How I make light colored lipsticks match my skin tone.

I've always been searching for the perfect nude lip. It's so hard and everytime some companies considers a lipstick to be a nude color, it always ends up being too light for me and I never knew how to make it perfect for my skin tone.  




The little trick I picked up is using a lipliner. Simple right?! Who knew? Not me! I recently purchased the MAC lipliner in the color Cork. It really is the best. It really is a nude color for my skin tone and it really shapes my lips to perfection. So now thanks to this lipliner all of the lipsticks I bought over the years are not just sitting there rotting on my lipstick stand. It works perfectly with the Kat Von D everlasting liquid lipstick in the color Bow n Arrow. At first I was so mad at myself for spending money on something that wasn't going to work for the hundred time but this time it did. I went back picked up other light coloured lipsticks from my collection and it works. It really works.



Left to right
MAC Lipliner Cork
Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Lipstick #14
Anastasia Beverly Hills Sepia
Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick Bow N Arrow


MAC Lipliner: Cork
Anastasia Beverly Hills liquid lipstick: Sepia

I just want to mention that Sepia by Anastasia Beverly Hills is actually not too light for me, it's just so close to my skin tone that it makes me seem like I have no lips so the lipliner really brings back my shape. 

Mirl XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...