Sunday, November 13, 2016

October Favorites 2016

Today is the day I share a few of my favorite products from the last month. There is only a few products, but I thought it would be nice to take the time and share them. From skincare to makeup, let's see what products caught my attention in the month of October.




The first product is a skincare product. I have really dry skin to begin with and on top of everything winter is almost here ready to smack me across the face. This product is for my body. How would I describe my skin? It's really prone to blemishes. I basically have eczema, but it's pretty easy to control except for the last few months where I had to go back to my old cocktail to make sure it doesn't go out of control. I basically use a really moisturizing body wash and a really good moisturizer afterwords, but lately it's just not enough so I decided to add an oil bath to the mix. It continues the moisturizing treatment overnight and the itchiness goes away for long hours after I take my shower. The one I use is the Excipial bath and skin therapy oil by Galderma. It's really good, really moisturizing and honestly even of the part of my body where it's not that dry it's just makes my skin really smooth and really shiny and looking healthy then it ever did. It's a good product to add during the winter that's for sure. 

The second one is a sample i had for my birthday from Sephora. It's the Fresh Soy face cleanser. There's not much to say about it. It's really gentle, really soft on the skin, not too harsh. It smells good. It's just too bad the sample wasn't that big.

I also really enjoyed the Gorilla snot gel for my edges. My hair gets really curly fast even after I relax my hair. Lets just say that after 2 to 3 shampoos I already have to use some kind of gel for my edges. I tried a lot of them. Usually. anything I would try would just make my hair even more curly or would hold for not even an hour, but this product is the best one I have tried so far. I'm really pleased with it for the most part. I mean it does hold my edges for at least a whole day and it's not too hard or too sticky either. The only problem I have with this product is the fact that it does leave some residue on the hair. Yellow one on top of that. I mean I just try not to touch it too much then. 

The last one is a product I actually already used before. The weird thing about it is that I used to love this foundation, then really hated it and I just started using it again and I love it again. It's the L'Oréal Infallible pro-matte foundation. It's really good and for some reason my skin is still pretty oily this time of year even if usually it's pretty dry. The reason I stopped liking it is because it would never sit nicely on my skin and it was just too easy for me to put too much where it would just be so patchy and caky on my face. But now it's smooth and fresh, the way it was the first time I ever bought it and tried it. If anyone is interested the color I use is 111 Soft Sable.

So this is it for my October favorites. Let me know which products you guys liked in the month of October.

Mirl XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...