Monday, July 23, 2012

Review: Rimmel London Sexy Curve mascara

This review will be about the Rimmel London Sexy Curves mascara ... like the title says! To describe it a little bit this mascara comes in a purple tube. The brush is in rubber and is more on the smaller side. The brush itself has curves, it's almost like there is small balls connected to one another. The one I took is in the color extreme black (003) and as always I don't have the waterproof version. As for the smell, I think it has a bit of a stronger smell than the other mascaras I ever smelled.




 
After I saw all the rave that was going on YouTube about this mascara I wanted to test it for myself. I have been using this mascara for a couple of months and let me tell you I have mix feelings about this one. It's more like a love and hate relationship. It gave my lashes volume and also it made them curl like hell. It doesn't give any lenght. I never noticed any flakes under my eyes and it didn't make my lashes hard or anything. When it come to the application of the mascara the small brush makes it really easy. You can really get in and get those small lashes. The downside to all this is that the formula is wet so when it curls my lashes I always have some mascara on my lids. I didn't really like using it for my bottom lashes because it's so wet. I would only put a tiny bit so it didn't look like I was crying.

The brand claims the mascara is:
  • Lash plumping, full curve mascara.
  • Enriched with proteins, the plumping formula strenghtens lashes over time for a continuous lash boosting effect.
  • Rich cream texture instantly amplifies your natural volume 7 times and fixes the curl for 12 hour hold.
  • Gives fabulously fuller lashes
  • Flaunt your curves. (Source)

Does it meets the brand claims? For the most part it does. Is it lash plumping and is it a full curve mascara? Yes it is. Does it gives fabulously fuller lashes? Yes, it does. The part where I don't want to agree with the brand claims is when they talk about the formula being enriched with proteins and blablabla and the fact that they give numbers about how long your curl will hold and up to how many time your volume will look more amplified. I feel like I can't even test this kind of claims. I don't know if those proteins really made my lashes stronger and 7 times more volume how do I mesure 7 times?

 
The only downside to all this would be the formula. It's too wet once you open it. It doesn't dry really quikly so you have to be carefull once you have applied your mascara. It's a bit too messy for me but it gets better over time. When it starts to be a  bit more dried out that's when I enjoyed it more.


Bare lashes

1 coat

2 coats

3 coats

Up close to see the clumps

Curl
Personally, I don't really like it. It's not what I'm looking for. I didn't like the way it curl my lashes. It was just too much but I'm sure some of you will like that effect. And on top of all that I never applied 3 coats because it began to be too clumpy and my lashes would stuck together too much.

 
Price: 4 out of 5
Product: 4 out of 5
Overall: 8 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...